Item Hoa Tan bridge approach – the railroad overpasses of the intersection between Highway 1A and Thong Nhat Railroad is the important works in the project “Repeat safety corridors on the railway as decided in 1856, Phase 3″. According to the standard classification of works, this work is the infrastructure road, construction of grade I.
II. APPLYING E’GRID GEOGRIDS FOR RETAINING WALL SOLUTION OF BRIDGE APPROACH:
The requirement of investor:
- Design and construction of retaining wall of bridge approach sections length 171m x 4 side along Highway 1A, the railroad overpasses 1A – Thong Nhat Railroad, Cam Lam district, Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam. Construction on the sandy clay.
- Allowable construction time is short (2.5 months)
With the construction time request, cost, stability and high aesthetic of the projects, the investor and main consultant trusted and appointed Hoang Trung Chinh Co., ltd as a sub consultant, design and construct of bridge approach with the solution “MSEW reinforced by E’GRID Geogrids with modular block”
2.2. The benefits of Investor:
MSEW reinforced by E’GRID Geogrids with modular block for surface above the can ensure the stability, reduce the cost and create high aesthetic surface.
2.3. Advantages of solution:
Comparing with conventional solutions such as RC concrete wall, MSEW has high advantages:
- Rapid and simple
- Quality of projects stable over time than the associated stone with cement mortar (material quality accreditation from the factory).
- High aesthetic surface with modular concrete block (modular block river wall surface feels soft and friendly with environment than other solutions)
- Cost reduction (decrease 40% comparing with conventional river wall such as concrete wall).
2.4. Some pictures of construction:
Figure 01: Preparation of construction Figure 02: Construction reinforced concrete beam
Figure 03: Installing biaxial geogrid Figure 04: Construction of compacted
Figure 05: Installing Drainage layer Figure 06: Anchoring geogrids with modular block
Figure 07: Installing Uniaxial geogrid Figure 08: Installing modular block retaining wall
Figure 9: Completed retaining wall