I. PROJECT INFORMATION:
The Boat Club Residences (14.5ha) invested by House Vietnam Join Stock Company is housing project combining with resort and club activities. Since project is covered by Tac River and Mon Channel, developer chose the straight wall for river bank in order to ensure the aesthetic of project and let their customers feel closely with nature.
Perspective of “The Boat Club Residences” Project
II. APPLYING E’GRID GEOGRIDS WITH CONCRETE MODULAR BLOCK FOR RIVER WALL OF PROJECT “THE BOAT CLUB RESIDENCES”:
The requirement of developer:
- Design the river wall with 600m long along the Tac River. The soil condition is very complicated. The soft soil thickness is from 15m to 20m. The difference of water level which is over 4m (from elevation -2.54m to +1.67m), made a lot of difficulties for construction
- Allowable construction time is short (6 months)
With the construction time request, cost, stability and high aesthetic of the projects, developer believed and chose the solution “MSEW reinforced by E’GRID Geogrids with modular block for surface above the spun pile system” proposed by HTC as the consultant of this project.
2.2. The benefits of Client:
MSEW reinforced by E’GRID Geogrids with modular block for surface above the spun pile system can ensure the stability, reduce the cost and create high aesthetic surface.
2.3. Advantages of solution:
Comparing with conventional solutions such as concrete wall and concrete sheet pile, MSEW has high advantages:
- Rapid and simple construction especially with the difference of water level.There is only 4-5 hours for installation per day. (Contractor did not use sheet pile to pump water out when installation).
- High quality
- High aesthetic surface with modular concrete block
- Cost reduction (decrease 35% to 50% comparing with conventional river wall such as concrete wall, concrete sheet pile).
2.4. Some pictures of construction:
Figure 1: Install spun pile Figure 2: Install wooden pile below geogrids gabion preventing scouring
Figure 3: Install E’Grid geogrid Figure 4: Back fill medium particle sand and do compaction.
Figure 5: Install bodkin Figure 6: Install the connections of geogrid and concrete block
Figure 7: Install River wall Figure 8: Install top concrete beam of River wall
Figure 9a: Completed River wall _ Marina Area
Figure 9b: Completed River wall – Swimming pool Figure 9c: River wall at the intersection of Tac River and Mon Channel.
Figure 9d: Completed River wall
MSEW reinforced by EGRID Geogrids brings a lot of advantages to developer such as high quality, rapid construction, much cost reduction, high aesthetic. This solution should be applied more popular in HCMC in particular and in Vietnam in general.